The underlying message of most ad campaigns is, “Indulge. You deserve it!” The Wild Thing would agree. She feels entitled to indulge in all sorts of pleasures… visits to the spa, beauty treatments, splurging on the sexy red dress and that pricey, exotic fragrance. And if she decides to indulge in a night of forbidden romance and pleasure, who’s to say she’s shouldn’t? It’s not anybody’s business but her own! In this Girls Gone Wise video book blog, you’ll learn that a woman who willingly forfeits gratification can be infinitely happier than the one who insists on her right to indulge.
- Read the fifteenth point of contrast between a Wild and a Wise Thing (Pages 199-206)
- Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection
- What are some things our culture tells us we deserve?
- How does keeping our eyes on a positive future reward help us forfeit immediate gratification?
- Explain what you think Paul meant when He said, “She who is self-indulgent is dead even while she lives.” ( 1 Timothy 5:6)
- Is there anything that the Lord is asking you to forfeit for the sake of the greater reward?