Have you ever seen someone go wrong because he or she hung out with the wrong friend? That’s what happened to the young man in the Proverbs 7 story. The Wild Thing exerted a negative influence on him. When he hung out with her, his standards went right out the window. The Bible says that bad company ruins good morals. Do you and your friends influence each other negatively or positively? In this Girls Gone Wise book blog, you’ll learn about the power of influence and the wisdom of that old saying, “You’re known by the company you keep.”
- Read the eighteenth point of contrast between a Wild and a Wise Thing (Pages 227-235)
- Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection
- How can you tell when someone is exerting a negative influence? What are some symptoms?
- What are some common rationalizations that women use to justify keeping the wrong company?
- Describe a time when someone had a positive influence on you. What was it about him/her that impacted you positively?
- What is the best way to exert a positive influence on others?
- What do you need to do to be more wise and less wild when it comes to the influence you accept and exert in your life?