Popular mass media perpetually drips messages about gender, sex and relationships into our minds. The trouble is, it often promotes false or counterfeit images of what womanhood is all about. In this Girls Gone Wise video book blog, I challenge you to examine whether your mind is being deadened by that constant drip drip drip. When it comes to the ideas you expose yourself to, are you being wise or wild?
- Read the second point of contrast between a Wild and a Wise Thing (Pages 35-44)
- Download and complete the Chapter Questions for Personal Reflection
- Take the Media Reduction Challenge
- Do you agree or disagree that “you’ll become what you expose yourself to”?
- Do you think you’ve been influenced by things you’ve seen? How?
- What adjustments have you made (do you want to make) to your media intake?